The Orchestra distributes outreach tickets and educational materials to
45 social service organizations including Central City Concern, 4 Results Mentoring Project,
Bridge Meadows, Powerhouse Mentoring, Children's Cancer Association, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and
Impact Northwest Senior Care. For more information email at email@example.com.
ElderCare Info ~ a program designed to meet the needs of individuals living in assisted living and care facilities.
Portland Columbia Symphony is committed to making our music accessible to young people. They are
the future players and audience. We send no-cost tickets and educational materials to schools
in the Portland and East Metro region. We especially target the elementary schools participating in
the Right Brain Initiative.
View the 2012-2013 Series brochure here.
1. May 2013 Concert Young Audience Guide to print and take to the concert.
2. Read and color pages about the May Concert composers Elgar and Strauss.
3. Print and color your own Symphony Orchestra!
4. For the Pre-Schooler, print and color the instruments.
5. For Grades 1-4, activity sheets about instruments!
Here are some great classical music sites for kids (and parents) to explore: